The Infinix S5 Pro is yet another affordable smartphone aimed at the oversaturated Indian market. It has a lot to show off starting with a large notch-less display and a triple-camera. It is also GSMArena’s first Infinix smartphone review, so cue the drum roll, here comes the S5 Pro!
It has a lot to show off starting with a large notch-less display and a triple-camera.
The S5 Pro is the company’s most powerful smartphone to date, though you need to adjust your expectations as it’s an INR 9,999 phone after all (the equivalent of US$135). The new S5 model employs the Helio P35 chip, up from Helio P22 in previous models, but its strengths lie elsewhere.
The Inifnix S5 Pro impresses not only with dazzling looks but with a large 6.53″ IPS LCD screen of 1080p resolution that has no cutouts whatsoever. The 16MP selfie camera is hidden on a mechanical pop-up piece and thus no pixel had to be sacrificed for them selfies.
Infinix S5 Pro specs
- Body: Front glass, plastic back and frame, 206g.
- Display: 6.53″ IPS LCD, 1,080 x 2,340px, 19.5:9 aspect ratio, 394ppi.
- Rear camera: Primary – 48MP, f/1.8; PDAF; Depth sensor – 2MP. Video recording up to 1080p@30fps.
- Front camera: Motorized pop-up with 16MP, f/2.0; fixed focus lens.
- OS/Software: Android 10, XOS 6.0.
- Chipset: MediaTek Helio P35: octa-core CPU (4x 2.3GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8GHz Cortex-A53); PowerVR GE8320 GPU.
- Memory: 4GB of RAM; 64GB storage; microSD card slot (dedicated).
- Battery: 4,000mAh, 10W charging
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0; microUSB, 3.5mm jack.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (rear-mounted)